Monday, 20 February 2012

a task and a half !!!

Now exhibition frenzy has eased slightly I am on a mission to lead a more organised life ...with regards to art paperwork etc. Anyone who knows me will know this is a lost cause in any other area of my life !!!! So I am going to apply myself to a book that I have been dipping in and out of (without any constructive action so far ) called "I'd rather be in the studio"by Alyson B. Stanfield. This was recommended to me by the lovely Julie Howe of "My curious teaparty" blog fame a good while ago and now it's time to take action before I jump off a cliff in a flurry of pieces of paper!!!
So here goes....I will keep you posted ...meanwhile would love to hear your organisation procedures/tips in all areas of your art business (especially with regards edition records all you printmakers out there) !!!
Meanwhile I must get into the studio...The Norwich Print Fair Elements show to prepare for(hanging on Sunday at The Forum Norwich)
www.thenorwichprintfair.co.uk

4 comments:

  1. Paperwork can be a huge headache - but strangely pleasing when you get it under control. (I've send you an email about how I do mine)

    But I'm in awe at the number of exhibitions you've taken on - I can understand how the admin can slide into a pile!

    Celia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy: There's nothing more satisfying than a job well done - in or out of the studio. You can do it. Your work deserves your best effort.

    Enjoy what the book has to teach you and have fun with your business. It's the best job in the world - and it is a job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it's so great that you are sharing your talents with your community, even if it is a great amount of work! Your prints are extraordinary. Take your time regrouping and organising hopefully with a little help from the book. I wish I had tips to lend but I'm knee deep in raising my littles and trying my hand at this and that in the seconds inbetween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your comments and encouragement ! Will keep you posted!!!

    ReplyDelete