Sunday, 22 June 2014



A lovely weekend opening my studio as part of Suffolk Open Studios.The sun shone,the birds sang, and it was very heart warming to meet people who had made a special effort to visit, often from many miles away.When you are beavering away in the studio with gallery deadlines to meet it is very easy to overlook just what a wonderful working life I have! Sure,it's probably very ordinary compared to many artist's working lives and yes, there are times when working on your own can be lonely,but it occurred to me today just how lucky I am!I have my studios,set in a garden we have created over the years, dog at my feet and a working week doing what I love when and how I wish. It was when I was showing folk around, explaining how the blocks are made, showing new prints, explaining how over the years I have worked towards this point and listening to their comments that it suddenly dawned on me....How far I have come and how very fortunate I am! Lucky indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment